Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
Ishwarya Sivakumar is the author over at Ishwarya Writes. Where she writes lovely blog posts mostly about fashion, cooking, healthy living, and parenting. Her posts are inspiring and beautifully done. If you have not checked out her blog please be sure that you make it there! I am already seeing some yummy dishes, to try! She offers so much insight into healthy living, her blog is just chuck full of information I can’t seem to stop reading!
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Where you like to be in 5 years time?
- If you could write a letter to yourself 10 years a go, what is one thing you would tell your younger self?
- What do you find to be the most challenging part of blogging?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is one thing that you want to do before you die?
- What is your favorite post that you have written?
- What advice would you give to someone just starting a blog?
- What is one goal related to blogging that you would like to complete in the next year?
Thank you again for the nomination! I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, and don’t forget to show that follow button some love!